The Xbox Team has announced the August update for the Xbox app on Windows 10 today. This update adds a new streaming setting for gamers who have home networks with adequate bandwidth to stream their 1080p/60fps Xbox One games to Windows 10 PCs in high-res. In the Xbox app on Windows 10, go to Settings > Game Streaming and set the video encoding level to Very High. This will then stream games from your Xbox One to your Windows 10 PC at 1080p and 60fps (frames per second).
In addition to this new streaming setting, this update also brings the following new features and improvements:
- Right Click – You can now right-click on one of your friends and select Send Message or Invite to Party to more quickly connect with your friends.
- Notifications – Starting today, you can enable or disable notifications for when you are invited to a party or a multiplayer game via Settings > General > Party & Games Invitations.
- Recently Played – Now you will see an animated display alternately showing you how many friends have played each game along with the four most recent players. The display will then switch to show a second tile with your last played date, Gamerscore and Achievements percentage complete. If you click on the game, it will take you to the Game Hub, where you can see a list of all of your friends who have played the game sorted by most recently played along with their online status.
- Compare Achievements with a Friend – From a Game Hub page, select Achievements > Compare at the top right above the list of all of the achievements to compare your achievement status with one of your friends who has played the game.
- My Games – We updated My Games to support a grid view with a jump list, where your games are now displayed in a grid sorted alphabetically. If you click on a letter, you can collapse the list and then select a specific letter of the alphabet to more quickly find a game. The list of games that are automatically discovered has been updated as well.
- Add Games – The ability to manually add games to your collection that have a link in the Start Menu by selecting My Games > Add a game from your PC has been updated with a help link to help people add games to their collection.
After receiving the update (should happen automatically via the Windows Store when it’s available), the version number for the app should be 8.8.15003.00000 or higher. You can verify the version number of the Xbox app on Windows 10 under Settings > General.